Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daisy's Entry

The forth day in Cusco seems like pretty long since all of us are tired from the tight schedule and heavy workload. However, with time goes by, I'm totally in love with this old city.

The most encouraging thing is about my after-school program.

I'm getting along with the 20 kids in my classroom really well, way much better that my expectation. Although I can only use my broken Spanish and all the body language to interact with them, I really enjoy every morning in the after-school program. I've never been so needed by children before. But here in Cusco, all those innocent children regard me as their older sister or mum. They keep hugging me and holding my hand all the time. And I do really hope that I can do better to deserve their trust. I'm trying to remember all of their complicated spanish names and trying to use my knowledge to teach them useful things. My growth here is not only about the language, but also about what I learned from my group mates, my students and the experience of getting through difficult situations. In general, every day in Cusco for me is challenging, growing and hopeful.

Only one day left for  Machu Picchu, get so excited right now!




My class with 20 amazing children.


They worked really hard on their math problem.




Two cute kids in my class.

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment